Cases & Deals
White and Williams is the industry leader when it comes to subrogating water loss claims. We regularly investigate losses arising from defective water supply lines, water valves, sump pumps, water filters, dishwashers, washing machines, dehumidifiers, toilet tank components, faucets and solenoid-controlled valves.
The advantages of our water loss program include:
- A streamlined process that allows for a greatly reduced period between the time when a claim is reported and the subrogation claim is settled.
- The ability to track and analyze data on similar and/or recurring product failures and defects, thereby increasing subrogation recovery potential.
- Bundling similar claims together, resulting in greater leverage during settlement negotiations.
- A dedicated team of lawyers focused exclusively on the subrogation of water loss claims.
- Online process reporting of claims.
- Cost-effective strategies for handling small water losses.
By taking advantage of negotiated discounts with engineering firms and expert vendors and the efficiencies that come with focusing solely on a single type of claim, our lawyers are able to take cases that would otherwise be closed and, oftentimes, turn them into worthwhile recoveries.
Litigating a $2.4 million subrogation claim arising from a water loss in a luxury apartment complex in Ft. Lee, NJ
- Litigated a $950,000 water loss subrogation claim in Edgewater, MD resulting from a product failure
- Represented insurance carrier in a $500,000 subrogation action involving extensive water damage resulting from a construction defect at a commercial property in Washington, DC
- Represented insurance carrier in a $500,000 subrogation action involving extensive water damage at a commercial property in Connecticut
- Litigated a $350,000 subrogation claim involving water damage at a commercial property in Maryland
- Litigated a $350,000 subrogation claim involving water damage from a sprinkler system at a hotel in Ohio
- Represented insurance carrier in a $250,000 subrogation action involving extensive water damage at a residential property in Massachusetts, which resulted from a defectively designed product
- Represented insurance carrier in a $100,000 subrogation action involving extensive water damage at a residential property in Virginia, which resulted from the professional negligence of a local utility company
- Recovered against product manufacturer for large water loss to Orange County, CA mansion
- Represented global insurance carrier in multi-million dollar water loss at historic landmark in Washington, DC
- Represented insurance carrier in a water loss against product manufacturer and other parties; obtained favorable award at arbitration
- Handled the appeal of a water loss case against a negligent contractor who secured summary judgment at the trial level, securing a reversal of the trial court’s decision
- Litigated a subrogation claim in Delaware involving water damage caused by improper installation of a fire suppression system
- Represented insurance carrier and recovered favorable settlement in water loss case in Massachusetts