Tom Infurna brings more than three decades of experience in commercial real estate law and asset-based finance to his representation of financial institutions. He focuses on permanent and construction financing, mezzanine, bridge and term loans, mortgage loan sales and purchases, distressed debt portfolios, loan restructurings, workouts and foreclosures. Tom’s clients include commercial, investment and savings banks, conduit lenders, life insurance and capital companies, pension fund advisors and real estate investors and developers.
Tom handles complex transactions such as commercial mortgages for securitization and portfolio investment, loan syndications, purchase and sale of commercial real estate and distressed debt, including financing of loan acquisitions, and franchise finance. In tune with industry developments, Tom advises clients on LIBOR transition issues, including loan documentation requirements, and other changes. His extensive experience representing lenders and knowledge of market standards has led to his frequent engagement by borrowers to negotiate and close complex commercial loan transactions.
Prior to joining White and Williams, Tom led the Real Estate Finance practice at Eckert Seamans, and was a partner in the Real Estate Finance group with Thacher Proffitt & Wood.
Bar and Court Admissions
St. John’s University School of Law, JD, 1986, St. Thomas More Scholar
Fordham University, BA, magna cum laude, 1983, Fordham University Presidential Scholar, Member Phi Beta Kappa
News & Insights
American Bar Association
Commercial Real Estate Finance Council
- Drafted master loan documents and polices and procedures in the capacity of program counsel for numerous commercial real estate lenders and loan programs
- Advised commercial lenders on licensure and state “foreign qualification” requirements
- Represented lenders in the closing of more than one thousand fixed rate and floating rate commercial real estate loans for balance sheet transactions and CMBS and CLO securitization
- Advised on compliance with rating agency requirements for commercial loan securitization
- Created master loan documents and policies and procedures for numerous franchise finance lenders and loan programs
- Advised commercial lenders on loan document requirements with respect to LIBOR transition
- Negotiated intercreditor, co-lender and participation agreements in syndicated loan transactions
- Represented sellers and purchasers with respect to portfolio and single loan sales involving several hundred loans
- Handled restructuring, workout and foreclosure of numerous commercial mortgage loans
- Represented banks, investment banks, private wealth managers and other institutional lenders in numerous asset-based and unsecured commercial loans
- Represented borrowers in the negotiation and closing of numerous commercial loan transactions