Pat Haggerty focuses his practice on a wide range of commercial real estate transactions and financings. Pat represents real estate developers, owners, and investors, international and domestic banks, private equity firms, hedge funds, and insurance companies in the acquisition, development, repositioning and disposition of commercial real estate assets.
Pat has experience drafting and negotiating purchase and sale agreements, construction and permanent loans, leases across all asset classes, asset-based loans, and revolving credit facilities. He advises clients on corporate formation and structuring prior to a deal reaching the term sheet phase and works directly with each client on the documentation and due diligence review until the deal is consummated.
Prior to joining White and Williams, Pat was in-house counsel and managing director at a large Pennsylvania-based real estate development firm. In addition to his experience as in-house counsel, he spent several years as a real estate investment banking analyst in northern New Jersey. Given those experiences, Pat approaches engagements with a unique understanding of the client’s ultimate needs and desires, developing an ability to comprehend both the legal and business points in each transaction.
Recognition and Involvement
Recognition & Involvement
Pat is named as a Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America 2024 for Banking and Finance Law.
Pat served as a Staff Editor of the Rutgers Law Review.
Immediately following college graduation, he played professional soccer for the New England Revolution of Major League Soccer.
Bar and Court Admissions
Rutgers School of Law, JD, 2014
Boston College, BA, 2005
News & Insights
- 1.17.24 | Press Release
- 8.18.23 | Firm News
- 6.17.20 | Law360
- 4.10.20 | Finance Alert
- 4.6.20 | Real Estate, Finance and Financial Restructuring Alert
- DFS Wins New York State Appeal Reinstating Portions of Regulation Aimed at Controlling Title Insurance “Marketing” Expenses1.16.19 | Real Estate and Finance Alert
- 1.31.18 | Finance Alert
- 10.4.17 | Real Estate and Finance Alert
- 4.28.17 | Real Estate Alert
- 4.25.17 | Real Estate Alert
Pennsylvania Bar Association
New Jersey Bar Association
- Represented a real estate investment firm in the acquisition and financing of six, net-leased properties spread across the United States
- Represented real estate investment and property management firm in the acquisition of an existing self-storage facility located in Pennsylvania
- Represented the owner of a large suburban Philadelphia retail center in the negotiation of a long-term lease with a national credit tenant
- Represented an institutional lender in a $97 million construction loan for the development of a California office building
- Represented a regional lender in a $22 million construction loan related to the development of a large grocery-anchored retail center in Philadelphia
- Represented an institutional lender in an $18 million loan relating to the refinance of an industrial warehouse facility located in the Mid-Atlantic region
- Represented a large private equity firm in its investment in a Salt Lake City-based paid digital media automation platform for marketing professionals