As an attorney-CPA, Jared Johnson provides tax representation and guidance on complex tax laws and disputes, corporate transactions, reporting, asset protection and cross-border issues. He regularly assists in compliance with Internal Revenue Code as well as the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA).
Jared works alongside high-net-worth business owners throughout the business lifecycle, from incubation and startup through growth and dissolution. In addition to his guidance on tax issues such as ERISA and 409A matters, he provides strategic direction on planning, formation, governance, drafting and reporting for corporations, partnerships and joint ventures.
Drawing on his fluency in multiple languages, Jared advises clients on matters related to cross-border transactions, helping numerous family businesses and high-net-worth individuals minimize their risks and tax liabilities through strategic business administration, estate planning and legacy planning. Additionally, he has worked with many clients to establish nonprofit organizations and other tax-exempt organizations, often serving as an officer on their boards.
Jared holds a certificate in dispute resolution from the Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution at Pepperdine University School of Law and is skilled at finding leverage in a dispute to force a settlement. However, having practiced extensively before the IRS and DOL in examinations and Tax Court litigation, he is prepared to fervently advocate for his clients in any setting. Jared is also a Certified Public Accountant enabling him to better service his clients regarding tax issues.
Jared’s clients include private Fortune 100 companies; Cayman Island and U.S. banks and their clientele; project investors in oil and gas, real estate, mining, gems and agriculture ventures; International Grammy-winning, Broadway, Hall of Fame and platinum entertainers; professional and Olympic athletes; and federal judges and politicians.
Jared speaks French, Portuguese and Spanish.
Bar and Court Admissions
U.S. Supreme Court
U.S. Tax Court
U.S. Court of International Trade
U.S. District Court for the District of Nevada
U.S. District Court for the District Southern of California
Certified Public Accountant
University of Alabama School of Law, LLM Taxation, 2010
Pepperdine University School of Law, JD, 2003
Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution, Certificate in Dispute Resolution, 2003
Brigham Young University, BS, 2001
News & Insights
- 9.30.22 | Tax Alert
- 9.20.22 | Tax and Corporate and Securities
- 3.23.22 | Webinar
- 3.16.22 | American Academy of Attorney-CPAs' Greater Philadelphia/Delaware Valley Chapter
- 3.8.22 | Bloomberg Tax
- 1.27.22 | Tax and Estates Alert
- 1.25.22 | Webinar
- 1.7.22 | Bloomberg Tax
- 11.17.21 | American Academy of Attorney-CPAs' Greater Philadelphia/Delaware Valley Chapter
- 10.26.21 | Healthcare Alert
American Academy of Attorney-CPAs
Nevada State Bar Tax Section, Board of Directors
Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Served as lead counsel and principal in global oil & gas sales and purchases
- Served as lead counsel for asset planning and administration for private clientele net worth in excess of $1B
- Served as lead tax counsel for private entity mergers, acquisitions, and reorganizations in excess of $1B
- Served as lead counsel for trust administration, planning, and reporting for various asset holdings
- Served as contract and lead tax counsel for sale of payment processing company
- Conducted legal operations for worldwide digital currency system
- Served as lead counsel for sales, purchases, and leases of real property on the Las Vegas Strip
- Served as counsel for major professional sports league investments
- Represented a purchaser in the private purchase of a gaming town
- Served as lead tax counsel for recording artist contract negotiations
- Served as lead counsel for purchase of a cosmetics company involving three countries on two continents