Ashi represents national and international clients in investigations, litigation, mediation, arbitration, and appeals of complex commercial and business disputes.
Ashi litigates matters involving fraud, breaches of fiduciary duty, corporate and securities claims, corruption, bribery, money laundering, and embezzlement, as well as internal and government investigations. She is experienced in all phases of dispute resolution and handles matters from pre-litigation to trial and appeal, while representing clients in state and federal courts, as well as administrative and regulatory agencies.
Prior to joining White and Williams, Ashi was an associate at a national law firm in its Chicago and New York offices where she represented clients in criminal and civil government-related matters, as well as financial institutions and companies in complex commercial and business litigation and appeals.
Ashi previously served as a Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Rita B. Garman and the Honorable Anne M. Burke of the Illinois Supreme Court. Ashi also served as a Special Assistant State’s Attorney at the Cook County State's Attorney's Office in Chicago where she conducted countless criminal trials for the state.
While attending law school and leveraging her fluency in Spanish, Ashi studied abroad in Argentina where she focused on international criminal and business matters. Ashi was also a member of the Business and Commercial Law Journal, Phi Alpha Delta Society of Scholars, Appellate Moot Court Society, and the National Trial Team, while holding several leadership roles with the Student Bar Association and Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity.
Recognition and Involvement
Recognition & Involvement
- CALI Award in “Constitutional Law”
- CALI Award in “Litigation”
- Chancellor’s Award for Public Service
- Anthony A. DiGrazia Scholar
- Daniel P. Ward Scholar
- Dean’s Achievement Scholar
- Dean’s List
- Mock Trial Award for “Best Defense”
Bar and Court Admissions
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
DePaul University College of Law, JD, 2019
The University of Chicago, MPP, 2021
Loyola University Chicago, BS, 2016
Chicago Bar Association (CBA)
New York State Bar Association (NYSBA)
Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity International
- Spanish-speaking defense for former Colombian government official in foreign bribery, money laundering, and wire fraud action
- Obtained dismissal of a series of successive qui tam claims relating to violations of the False Claims Act, Anti-Kickback Statute, and Stark Law
- Obtained dismissal in favor of Fortune 500 financial institution in breach of contract action
- Advised U.S. based international company on Ukraine/Russia related sanctions and cryptocurrency
- Defense for national technology company in breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, unfair and deceptive trade practices, and infringement action