Amanda McHugh is an associate in the Litigation group. Her practice focuses on defending construction companies, product manufacturers, premises owners, and trucking companies in large personal injury matters. She also represents a variety of healthcare clients against professional liability claims, including physicians, nurses and hospitals.
Prior to joining the firm, Amanda served as an Assistant Staff Judge Advocate (“JAG”) in the U.S. Air Force. While on active duty, she served as the Chief of Military Justice at then-Schriever Air Force Base and was responsible for prosecuting courts-martial and representing the Government in administrative discharge hearings. She also served as the Chief of Litigation at Joint Base Andrews where she oversaw the prosecution of all cases handled by the office, from misdemeanor to felony level offenses, and advised commanders throughout complex administrative investigations.
Amanda also clerked for the Honorable Edward W. Hoffman of the Superior Court of New Jersey. In this role, she composed judicial opinions for a range of complex family law matters and assessed the merits of emergent applications for relief.
Amanda’s demonstrated advocacy skills and attention to detail ensure that her clients are efficiently and effectively represented throughout every phase of litigation.
Recognition and Involvement
Recognition & Involvement
- Top Trial Counsel Award (U.S. Air Force JAG Corps, 2021)
- 30 Under 30 Award (Temple University, 2020)
- Excellence in Advocacy Award (U.S. Air Force JAG Corps, 2019)
- National Order of the Barristers Award (Temple University Beasley School of Law, 2017)
- Integrated Trial Advocacy Program Award (Temple University Beasley School of Law, 2017)
Bar and Court Admissions
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, J.D. with Certificate in Trial Advocacy (2017)
- Temple University, B.A. (2013)