- Healthcare AlertMarch 30, 2021
Stephen J. Milewski Partner
vCardPrint to PDF
Steve is an experienced trial lawyer who has been defending institutions, individuals and insurers in Delaware for over 15 years. Whether the situation calls for negotiating an early settlement resolution, or vigorously defending the matter through trial, Steve works personally with his clients to offer guidance, develop a plan, and provide recommendations from the early stages of a case through the final resolution. If trial is not the best option, Steve can provide viable alternatives such as mediation or arbitration. He will also ensure all avenues of law are explored to address with his clients their chances of success on a motion to dismiss, summary judgment or declaratory relief.
Steve has had the opportunity to represent a wide array of clients, including hospitals and physicians in medical malpractice cases; high profile insurers in breach of contract, bad faith, and coverage disputes; educational institutions in premises liability and personal injury cases; and matters involving catastrophic injuries and death. Steve is well-versed in auto coverage issues in Delaware, including PIP, UIM, and UM and how these benefits interplay with workers compensation benefits. Steve has also successfully briefed and argued appellate issues before the Delaware Supreme Court.
Steve takes pride in offering his clients a high quality of representation by providing frequent case updates, staying up to date on new developments in the law, and using technology advances to help reduce costs, all of which aim to achieve a favorable outcome and excellent results in each case.
While attending Widener, Steve was a member of the prestigious Delaware Journal of Corporate Law.
- Boyle v. Christiana School District; summary judgment granted for school district immunity and an enforcement of an indemnification provision
- Bantum v. New Castle County Vocational Technical School District; summary judgment granted on school district immunity
- Rodriguez v. CCHS; summary judgment granted holding that the workers compensation exclusivity provision barred plaintiff’s third party claim against the defendant hospital
Recognition & Involvement
Steve volunteers his legal services to the State of Delaware Office of the Child Advocate by serving as guardian ad litem for children who need representation on various matters. He was recently recognized with a five-year service award from the State of Delaware for his pro bono services. Steve also coaches and plays softball for a team in the Wilmington Lawyers Softball League.
Steve is AV® Preeminent™ rated by the Martindale-Hubbell peer review rating system.
- March 31, 2021
- November 10, 2020
- November 5, 2019
- November 1, 2018
- January 4, 2018
- White and Williams Announces the Election of Five Lawyers to the Partnership and the Promotion of Five Associates to CounselJanuary 14, 2016
- Healthcare AlertMarch 30, 2021
- MDedge Med Tech ReportJune 24, 2020
- Healthcare AlertJune 18, 2020
- Healthcare AlertApril 20, 2020
- Healthcare AlertApril 9, 2020
- Insurance AlertOctober 16, 2014
Bar and Court Admissions
U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware
U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
Widener University School of Law, JD, 2002
West Virginia University, BA, cum laude, 1999
Delaware State Bar Association