Cases & Deals
Michael Jervis Associate
vCardPrint to PDF
Mike's practice includes general liability matters, including insurance coverage and bad faith defense, construction defect and injury claims, contractual disputes, and professional liability claims. He has experience working on complex coverage disputes involving class actions and other challenging factual scenarios. As a member of the appellate practice group, he assists in cases from inception through appellate stages.
As a member of the appellate practice group, Mike is often called on to assist other attorneys representing clients across a variety of industries for legal research and briefing of complex trial and appellate issues.
Before joining White and Williams, Mike worked in information technology, providing software development and database management services to the healthcare and other industries. He applies his experience analyzing technology issues across various industries to providing the same analysis from a legal perspective.
While in law school at Temple University's Beasley School of Law, Mike served as a research editor of the Temple Law Review. He interned with the City of Philadelphia Law Department Claims Unit, defending the city in personal injury matters.
- Successfully represented major health insurer against efforts by hospitals to enjoin implementation of new health insurance product
- Represents a national insurance company as coverage counsel in connection with professional athlete head injury litigation
- Successfully defeated an attempt to bring a class action lawsuit against a nursing home and hospital system, and successfully sustained the result on appeal
- Obtained favorable result for construction management client in construction work-site injury case involving complex indemnity and insurance coverage issues
- May 5, 2017
- May 3, 2016
- April 27, 2015
- September 16, 2014
- April 28, 2014
- Cyber Law and Data Protecton AlertDecember 14, 2017
- Cyber Law and Data Protection AlertMarch 11, 2016
- Cyber Law and Data Protection AlertOctober 20, 2015
- Cyber Law and Data Protection AlertOctober 13, 2015
- Full House To Begin Debate On Data Security and Breach Notification Act After Approval Of Energy and Commerce CommitteeCyber Law and Data Protection AlertApril 16, 2015
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court’s Ruling On Certificates Of Merit And “Gist Of Action” May Make It More Difficult For An Architect Or Engineer To Seek An Early DismissalDecember 30, 2014
- Superior Court Of Pennsylvania Holds That CASPA Does Not Allow For Individual Claims Against A Property Owner’s Principals Or ShareholdersConstruction and Surety AlertDecember 2, 2014
- Commonwealth Court Holds That Award of Attorney's Fees and Penalties is Mandatory Under the Procurement Code Upon a Finding of Bad FaithConstruction and Surety AlertOctober 27, 2014
- Construction and Surety AlertSeptember 16, 2014
- Construction and Surety AlertMarch 28, 2014
Cases & Deals
Bar and Court Admissions
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
Temple University Beasley School of Law, JD, cum laude, 2013
Boston University, MUA, City Planning and Urban Affairs, 2010
Boston University, BA, Computer Science, 2007