- Philadelphia, PANovember 2, 2017
Cases & Deals
Maulin S. Vidwans Partner
vCardPrint to PDF
Maulin S. Vidwans is a Partner in the Philadelphia office, and serves as Chair of the Business Department. Maulin is also a member of the Firm's Executive Committee, Points Committee and Diversity Committee.
Concentrating his practice in the areas of corporate finance, real estate and business transactions, Maulin’s clients include national, regional and local financial institutions, finance companies, real estate developers, and other corporate and commercial parties. He handles a variety of complex commercial and real estate finance transactions, involving leveraged buy-outs and roll-up financings, cash flow and asset based financing, syndicated loan financing, second lien and mezzanine financing, subordinated financing and intercreditor matters, acquisition financing, construction and development financing, and forbearance, workout and restructuring of troubled loans.
Maulin has particular experience guiding clients through the structuring and financing of golf, resort and timeshare projects throughout the country, including the acquisition, construction, development and receivables financing for those projects. He has handled numerous complex finance transactions for timeshare development and other related companies, often navigating through the nuances of multiple projects and various multi-state laws. Seeing these transactions through from start to finish, Maulin is generally involved in all aspects, from structuring, negotiation, documentation and due diligence to closing. When necessary, he handles the restructuring and workout of troubled matters.
Maulin has lectured extensively on commercial finance and real estate issues, including secured transactions, resort real estate financing and the drafting and negotiating of commercial loan documents.
- Represented lender in complex, multi-lender, secured multi-million dollar credit facility to leading construction and engineering, staffing and defense company in which a portion of financing proceeds were used in acquisition of strategic competitor
- Represented lead lender in extension of receivables loan facility to timeshare development company involving over 50 projects in more than 20 states
- Represented lender on construction and receivables loan financing for multi-location deeded interest timeshare projects in Florida, Nevada, North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia
- Represented lender in extension of financing to franchised food service businesses involving review of health and safety compliance
- Represented lender group in large syndicated financing of coal company involving inventory and receivables financing, real estate and equipment term loan financing, and subordinated financing
- Represented lender group in inventory and receivables based financing for ventilation company, including subsequent workout and full payoff after default
- Represented lender group in large syndicated revolving credit and term loan financing extended to aircraft company secured by all assets, including subsequent workout, foreclosure, asset sale and liquidation
- Represented lender in inventory financing for clothing company, including subsequent workout and full payoff after default
- Represented lender on receivables loan financing for multi-location deeded interest timeshare projects in twenty states
- Represented lender in construction, renovation, inventory and multiple receivables financing for a deeded timeshare and golf course project
- Represented lender in multiple receivables financings for contract for deed timeshare projects
Recognition & Involvement
Maulin is active in the community and currently serves as a Board Member of the Committee of Seventy, Risk Management Association (Philadelphia Chapter), and the Philadelphia Police Athletic League.
Maulin is AV® rated by the Martindale-Hubbell peer review rating system.
- August 4, 2016
- May 23, 2013
- Maulin Vidwans Joins the Board of Directors of the Risk Management Association (RMA) - Philadelphia ChapterJuly 18, 2012
- September 9, 2011
- Philadelphia, PANovember 2, 2017
- Risk Management Association, PhiladelphiaJune 20, 2017
- ARDA World 2016 Annual Convention & Expo (Hollywood, FL)May 3, 2016
- The Risk Management Association (Gladwyne, PA)April 22, 2016
- Philadelphia, PAOctober 7, 2014
- Formation of Entities: Partnerships, LLCs and CorporationsABA Section of Real Property, Trust and Estate Law - Philadelphia Community Outreach ProgramSeptember 18, 2012
- One Liberty Place, 1650 Market Street, Suite 1800, Philadelphia, PAWednesday, April 11, 2012
- Due Diligence Workshop: Hot Topics for Lenders in Today’s Market; Course Planner and PanelistRobert Morris Associates/Philadelphia Bar AssociationOctober 2010
- Documentation of Timeshare Financing TransactionSpecialty Lending Group2008
- Structuring & Drafting Commercial Loan DocumentsPennsylvania Bar Institute2005
- Drafting Commercial Loan DocumentsPennsylvania Bar InstituteJuly 2000
Cases & Deals
Bar and Court Admissions
Rutgers University, JD, 1992
Villanova University, BA, 1988
American Bar Association
American Resort Development Association
Commercial Finance Association
Pennsylvania Bar Association
Philadelphia Bar Association