- Corporate and Securities AlertMay 22, 2020
Cases & Deals
Joshua G. Galante Partner
vCardPrint to PDF
Josh Galante advises established and emerging businesses on complex transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, sales, financings, joint ventures and restructurings. He also advises clients on commercial transactions, equity compensation arrangements, and general governance and compliance matters. He has broad experience managing the legal aspects of business combination and financing transactions involving both public and private companies.
Josh’s practice includes representing private equity, venture capital and angel investor groups in connection with equity investments and regulatory compliance issues. He also represents both borrowers and lenders in senior and subordinated debt financings.
In addition to his primary focus on corporate and securities transactions, Josh counsels franchisor clients on structuring and operating their franchise programs.
Josh has over 15 years of experience handling corporate transactional work for his clients, including frequently acting as outside general counsel responsible for overseeing all of his clients’ legal needs. He provides proactive, practical advice and guidance for modern businesses.
Josh has authored or co-authored numerous articles that have appeared in a variety of publications, including the National Law Journal and Law360.
- Represented the strategic investment arm of a health insurance company with respect to its participation in a $33 million Series B financing round by Pager, Inc.
- Represented a regional, nationally-affiliated health insurance company with respect to its participation, along with other health insurers, in a joint venture with a non-profit generic pharmaceutical company, helping to reduce the costs of certain generic drugs for participating plan members and other consumers
- Advised Petabyte Technology, a veterinary practice management software company, in securing $8M in Series A Financing
- Represented iNovia Capital in a multimillion dollar Series B investment in Boosted, Inc.
- Represented Stadium Goods, a streetwear and sneaker resale store and e-commerce site, in its multimillion dollar sale to Farfetch Limited, a publicly-traded global technology platform for the luxury fashion industry
- Represented Stadium Goods, a streetwear and sneaker resale store and e-commerce site, in its backing from LVMH Luxury Ventures
Represented a data analytics company that provides proprietary consumer intelligence to major luxury brands in its sale to a global communications agency
- Represented the strategic investment arm of a life and disability insurer in connection with its investment in a healthcare IT company that leverages clinical diagnostic data and AI to develop advanced analytics solutions for the healthcare, pharmaceutical and life science markets
- Represented iNovia Capital in multimillion dollar Series A and seed investments of ROSS Intelligence
- Represented the strategic investment arm of a life and disability insurer in connection with an investment in a special purpose acquisition vehicle which acquired a controlling interest in a provider of trade credit risk management technology solutions
- Counseled the strategic investment arm of a life and disability insurer through a Series C preferred equity round for a co-working space company
- Assisted client in providing a secured, tranched bridge loan to a SaaS-based technology company delivering online and mobile interactive health management platforms
- Represented natural resources company in post-Chapter 11 initial public offering of common equity registered on Form S-1 for the benefit of creditor selling shareholders. Coordinated successful application to be listed on Nasdaq
- Represented NYSE-listed consumer products company in Rule 144A debt offering and related exchange offers registered on Form S-4 in connection with acquisition of business unit
- Represented institutional real estate investment manager in creation of strategic fund, including private placement of limited partnership interests under Rule 506
- Represented Nasdaq-listed natural resources company in strategic acquisition for combination of cash and common equity, including the subsequent registration on Form S-3ASR of the equity component for resale by the sellers pursuant to a registration rights agreement
- Represented privately held record management company as purchaser in nationwide roll-up acquisition program (approximately 30 acquisitions) of document storage and secure destruction businesses
- Represented NYSE-listed paper products company in asset and stock sale of two business divisions to strategic acquirer
- Represented global clothing brand in design and implementation of U.S. retail store franchise system, including drafting franchise agreement, ancillary document forms and uniform offering documents, and coordinating multi-state offering registration
Recognition & Involvement
Josh provides pro bono legal services to various groups and individuals in the arts and entertainment fields.
- January 2, 2019
- January 6, 2017
- August 15, 2014
- Corporate and Securities AlertMay 22, 2020
- Corporate and Securities AlertMay 13, 2020
- Taking Care of BusinessMay 15, 2018
- Taking Care of BusinessDecember 1, 2017
- Law360August 8, 2017
- Corporate and Securities AlertJuly 17, 2017
- Delaware Courts Refine Standards Regarding Appropriate Conditions to Stockholder Inspections of Books and RecordsCorporate and Securities AlertJanuary 13, 2015
Cases & Deals
- March 9, 2020
- February 24, 2020
- December 11, 2019
- White and Williams Team Leads Corporate Restructuring and Financing for Transformation of Heating Plant into Luxury ResidencesJuly 24, 2019
- December 13, 2018
- February 8, 2018
- February 1, 2018
- January 19, 2018
- October 20, 2017
- October 11, 2017
- January 12, 2017
- December 15, 2016
- October 23, 2015
- January 21, 2015
- December 1, 2014
- Horizon Healthcare Services Invests in Oncology Management Technology with Counsel from Corporate GroupSeptember 23, 2014
- May 10, 2013
Bar and Court Admissions
Vanderbilt University Law School, JD, 2002
Emory University, BBA in Finance, with distinction, BA in History, 1999