- Finance AlertJanuary 12, 2021
C. Jason Kim Counsel
vCardPrint to PDF
C. Jason Kim focuses his practice on real estate and finance transactions. He advises clients on matters involving acquisitions and dispositions, financing, development, leasing, and loan workouts and restructurings.
Jason represents investors, developers and financial institutions in all types of commercial real estate transactions. He is experienced in all aspects of real estate acquisition, development and financing, including joint venture formation, the structuring of debt and equity financing, zoning and entitlement matters, and construction and development agreements. Jason also represents landlords and tenants in leasing transactions involving office, retail and mixed-use properties and net leases involving property owners and operating company tenants. His real estate finance experience includes the origination of mortgage and mezzanine loans, preferred equity investments, loan syndications and participations, note purchases and sales, the negotiation of intercreditor agreements, and workouts and restructurings of financings, including foreclosures of real property and equity interests under the Uniform Commercial Code.
Jason’s versatile experience and extensive knowledge in many areas of commercial real estate, enable him to create effective legal solutions that help his clients achieve their business objectives in an efficient manner.
Before joining White and Williams, Jason practiced in the real estate group at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom, LLP, and was general counsel to New York State’s integrated agencies focusing on affordable housing and community revitalization, where he oversaw legal matters for all agency operations including the financing of affordable and mixed-income housing developments, litigation and other program and regulatory matters.
- Representation of a lender in a construction mezzanine loan for a property in Brooklyn, New York
- Representation of an agent in the resolution of a defaulted credit facility secured by four residential resort development projects located in the US and Caribbean, including foreclosure and bankruptcy sales of assets
- Representation of a developer in the joint venture, acquisition and financing of a Class A office building in New York City
- Representation of a landlord in the leasing of a mixed-use property in Brooklyn, New York
- Representation of a lender in financing a resort hotel in the Caribbean and a portfolio of over 100 economy hotels throughout the US
- Representation of an investor in the acquisition of a mezzanine note on a newly-constructed office building in New York City and the enforcement and resolution of such note
- Representation of an institutional investor in the formation and structuring of various joint ventures with operating partners for development and financing of multifamily, office and mixed-use projects throughout the US
- Representation of a lender in the origination of various mortgage and mezzanine loans on assets throughout the US
- Finance AlertJanuary 12, 2021
- Real Estate AlertSeptember 8, 2020
- Law360June 17, 2020
- Real Estate AlertApril 17, 2020
- Real Estate, Finance and Financial Restructuring AlertApril 6, 2020
- Real Estate AlertMarch 25, 2020
- Real Estate AlertMarch 23, 2020