Dana P. Petrillo Counsel
vCardPrint to PDF
Dana Petrillo advises and represents healthcare entities, including hospitals, health systems, physician practices, long term care providers and payers, in a wide variety of complex regulatory, compliance and litigation matters.
Dana’s experience includes ensuring clients’ compliance with federal and multi-state healthcare laws and regulations including, Medicare, Medicaid, HIPAA, Stark, Anti-Kickback and False Claims Act laws and regulations. She has also represented numerous healthcare entities in investigations, audits, disputes and litigation related to compliance issues, medical necessity, coverage and reimbursement.
Clients rely on Dana’s extensive experience handling legal issues arising from healthcare transactions and business arrangements, including assisting with healthcare provider licensure and Medicare and Medicaid provider enrollment and certification.
Dana also counsels companies on the relevant laws and best practices for responding to data breaches in each state, and has experience in drafting breach notifications to affected individuals and/or state agencies, as applicable.
Prior to joining White and Williams, Dana practiced at a nationally recognized Philadelphia-based law firm and as a health law attorney in Boston.
- Assisted national skilled nursing facility provider in responding to a fraud investigation by a state’s Attorney General
- Represented national hospice provider in multiple post-payment audits and overpayment disputes with a state’s Medicaid Agency
- Represented a relator in a False Claims Act litigation against a laboratory regarding Medicare and Medicaid fraud
- Represented a national clinical laboratory in response to a grand jury investigation related to Stark and anti-kickback violations, as well as in related disclosures to relevant governmental agencies and payers
- Advised a physician-hospital organization in regard to self-disclosures to relevant governmental entities related to Stark violations
- Represented an ERISA health benefit plan in overpayment dispute with physician group
- Assisted skilled nursing facility with changes of ownership and management
- Advised healthcare entities in regard to corporate and management structures that are permissible under various state-specific corporate practice of medicine laws
- Advised ambulatory care facility as to record-retention and access requirements under HIPAA and relevant state laws, and drafted related policies and forms
- Represented numerous healthcare entities in payment and reimbursement disputes
Recognition & Involvement
Dana has mentored law students through the Leadership Counsel on Legal Diversity’s law school mentoring program and has mentored high school students enrolled at Cristo Rey Philadelphia. While in law school, Dana volunteered as a first-year law student adviser and was a member of the Women's Law Association.
- The Long Arm of the Law Lengthens: What the U.S. ex rel. Medrano v. Diabetic Care RX, LLC Settlement Means for Private Equity InvestorsHealthcare AlertOctober 7, 2019
- Are You Your Brother’s Keeper? CMS Finalizes Rule to Reduce Fraud in Federal Health Insurance ProgramsHealthcare AlertSeptember 13, 2019
- McKnight’s Long-Term Care NewsAugust 2, 2019
- Healthcare AlertJuly 23, 2019
- Trump’s Executive Order on Advancing American Kidney Health: What It Means for Patients and ProvidersHealthcare AlertJuly 12, 2019
- Healthcare AlertJune 18, 2019
- Healthcare AlertJune 7, 2019
Bar and Court Admissions
Boston University School of Law, JD, 2007
Georgetown University, BA, cum laude, 2004
American Health Lawyers Association
American Bar Association
Pennsylvania Bar Association
Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Pennsylvania