Anna M. Bryan Partner
vCardPrint to PDF
Anna Marie Bryan is a highly experienced litigator with a dual career in healthcare. For close to 30 years, she has continuously worked with healthcare institutions and leadership, physicians, nurse practitioners, physical/hand therapists, and staff nurses, addressing issues pertinent to the delivery of healthcare. She has been lead counsel in catastrophic, multi-week trials and has tried a very large, and steady, number of cases to verdict across Central, Northeast and Southeastern Pennsylvania. The sheer number of catastrophic cases tried to verdict reflects Anna’s breadth and depth of experience. Anna also has extensive experience in informatics and specifically electronic medical records.
Anna’s dual background greatly enhances comprehensive analysis and communication with hospital staff. This also lends itself to academic presentations which are requested by clients and community groups. She is frequently invited to speak to various healthcare, business and civic groups, and academic institutions. She has taught emergency medicine and mental health to physicians-in-training at both The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and Temple University Medical School. Additionally, at the request of long-time clients such as The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Geisinger Health System, The Philadelphia Hand Center, P.C. and The South Jersey Hand Center, P.C., she offers consultation, coordination of research projects and professional education.
Prior to starting her law career in 1988, Anna taught Community/Public Health, Health Maintenance, Mental Health and Pediatrics courses at Villanova University’s College of Nursing. She also participated in professional programs in China, Korea, Hong Kong and Taiwan during the academic recess, which gave her a depth of experience in policy issues.
Anna continues to hold her professional nursing license and remains active with advanced practice, and staff nurses and educators through consultation and education.
While in law school, Anna completed all course work and a significant portion of a Doctoral Dissertation on long- term adjustment of child sexual assault victims based upon data collection from an Emergency Department, where she had worked full-time, and court outcome. Her knowledge of research methodology and Interdisciplinary collaboration is an asset embraced by clients and other professional staff.
- Obtained a defense verdict in a case involving the death of a young woman from cancer; related allegations concerned alleged conspiracy, destruction of evidence and fraud
- Obtained a defense verdict in a case involving the death of a baby and alleged failure to admit the mother into the hospital after complications
- Obtained a defense verdict in a case involving a claim that undisputed hypoxia caused Attention Deficit Disorder in a child
- Obtained a defense verdict in a case involving a claim that a kidney transplant was required due to an alleged failure to diagnose a posterior urethral valve
- Obtained a defense verdict in a case involving a claim that sarcoma was not timely diagnosed
- Obtained a defense verdict in a case involving a claim that encephalopathy and a several month hospitalization could have been avoided
- Obtained multiple defense verdicts in hand surgery cases
- Obtained a defense verdict in a case involving a claim that neurosurgical care was below applicable standard for aneurysm repair causing the death of a young mother
Recognition & Involvement
Anna is a past Board Member of The Public Interest Law Center of Philadelphia (PILCOP) and the Support Center for Child Advocates. She remains active in pro bono issues primarily associated with children's and Veterans' affairs.
Anna is AV® rated by the Martindale-Hubbell peer review rating system and was recognized as a 2013 Top Rated Lawyer in Healthcare based on her AV® Preeminent™ rating. Anna has also been selected in a survey of her peers as a Pennsylvania "Super Lawyer" in 2005 and 2009-2014.
- October 22, 2014
- Super Lawyers MagazineMay 17, 2013
- Anna Bryan Presents Donation During WOGL Radio Fundraiser to Benefit The Children’s Miracle Network at CHOPSeptember 4, 2012
- July 5, 2012
- May 25, 2011
- Litigation Management for Risk Managers: Guidance for Risk Management Professionals to Avoid Depositions, Other Discovery and Trial Testimony in Civil Litigation2015 Healthcare SummitMay 7, 2015
- Challenges for the High-Tech HospitalWhite and Williams 2013 Healthcare SummitMay 21, 2013
- Electronic Health Record Issues2010 Defense Attorney Seminar (Harrisburg, PA)May 27, 2010
- Electronic Health Record Issues as Addressed in Federal and State CourtsMechanicsburg, PAFebruary 2010
- Discovery of Electronic Health Records: Mountains of Paper and Back AgainWhite and Williams LLP Healthcare SummitMay 2009
Cases & Deals
- Healthcare Group Obtains Summary Judgment in Malignant Melanoma Case, Overcoming Plaintiffs’ Use of Discovery Rule and Fraudulent Concealment DoctrineOctober 12, 2017
- September 21, 2015
- June 26, 2012
- May 1, 2012
Bar and Court Admissions
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court for the District of Vermont
Temple University School of Law, JD, 1988
Thomas Jefferson University School of Nursing
University of Pennsylvania, MS, 1979
University of Pennsylvania, BS, 1978
Temple University; all course work for Doctorate in Health Education and all but completion of Dissertation
Litigation Counsel of America
New Jersey Bar Association
Pennsylvania Bar Association