- February 4, 2015
Cases & Deals
Victor J. Zarrilli Partner
Philadelphia, PA | Direct 215.864.7000
vCardPrint to PDF
Victor Zarrilli has extensive experience litigating catastrophic loss matters involving personal injury and economic damages through multiple state and federal jurisdictions. This complex trial practice includes product liability, construction site liability, workplace safety, commercial premises liability, dram shop liability and commercial contract disputes. His practice frequently involves the defense of insured and self-insured local, national and multi-national companies facing potential exposure in the millions of dollars for injuries ranging from death, traumatic brain injury, quadriplegia, paraplegia, loss of limb, property loss and commercial damages.
Victor’s considerable experience litigating contractual indemnification and additional insured claims is an important tool in his multifaceted practice.
Victor has significant experience litigating employment-related disputes involving age, gender, race and disability discrimination, non-compete and restrictive covenants and employment regulatory matters involving state and federal agencies. This practice involves the defense of insured and self-insured clients ranging from local business to national corporations, as well as the representation of wrongfully terminated clients.
He also has extensive experience in litigating a wide variety of commercial and business-related disputes having tried such matters to jury verdict on behalf of clients. This practice includes the handling of professional malpractice in the civil engineering and insurance broker fields in state and federal court and binding arbitration. Victor has considerable knowledge and experience litigating complex insurance coverage disputes involving general liability, business automobile and professional liability insurance policies in state and federal courts.
Upon graduation from law school, Victor served as the judicial law clerk for the Honorable Ronald E. Bookbinder in the Superior Court of New Jersey, Chancery Division and Probate Part.
- Obtained a unanimous defense jury verdict on behalf of a regional material handling service and supply company after a six-week trial involving wrongful death and survival claims; plaintiff alleged damages arising from negligent maintenance of a pallet truck involved in a warehouse accident; retained as lead counsel shortly before initial trial date with a demand at $15 million (Superior Court of N.J., Camden County)
- Represented an international engineering/construction services company in a construction site accident case where an ironworker alleged traumatic brain injury after being struck by a knuckle boom crane; retained ten days before trial with a $10 million demand; filed five motions in limine, retained and served five expert reports (lifecare, economics, vocational, life expectancy and liability) and joined subcontractor employer for contractual indemnity all within ten days; case settled for $1.5 million (partially structured and less than half economic damages) after four days of trial. (Superior Ct. of N.J., Middlesex County)
- Represented local hotel owner/operator in wrongful death/survival action and traumatic brain injury premises liability action involving four-story fall through hallway window in Atlantic City hotel; retained as lead counsel less than two months before initial trial date; favorable settlement for client after approximately two weeks of trial (Superior Court of N.J., Camden County)
- Represented and obtained favorable jury verdict for local commercial landowner/landlord in case involving fraud and breach of contract (Superior Court of N.J. – Camden County)
- Represented multi-state employer defending allegations of disability discrimination and wrongful termination; favorable settlement for client on eve of trial (Superior Court of N.J., Burlington County)
- Represented multi-national residential furniture retailer/manufacturer in product liability case which arose from death of three-year-old female; retained as lead counsel after discovery; favorable settlement at mediation for client (Court of Common Pleas, Philadelphia County)
- Represented nationwide energy supplier in premises liability case in which a 30-year-old plaintiff medical student suffered debilitating spinal injuries; retained as lead counsel after discovery and one-month prior to trial; high-low agreement secured favorable settlement for the client after a four-week jury trial (Court of Common Pleas, Philadelphia County)
- Represented board of education in a fatal bus accident case involving a two-year-old pedestrian girl; retained as co-counsel at conclusion of discovery; favorable settlement for client on eve of trial (Superior Court of N.J., Middlesex County)
- Represented national employer defending allegations of gender discrimination, race discrimination and hostile work environment; favorable settlement obtained during mediation (Superior Court of N.J., Essex County)
- February 4, 2015
Bar and Court Admissions
U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
Widener University School of Law, JD, cum laude, 2002
St. Joseph’s University, BS, 1999