Cases & Deals
Sedgwick M. Jeanite Associate
vCardPrint to PDF
Sedgwick Jeanite concentrates his practice in the areas of corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, bankruptcy, and securities and commercial litigation. Sedgwick has more than ten years of experience advising and counseling U.S. and international companies and startups and entrepreneurs on a broad range of business-related matters, such as business formation and planning, and all aspects of corporate governance matters, including negotiating asset and stock purchase agreements, shareholder and operating agreements, consulting and employment agreements, confidentiality agreements, and product supply agreements and distribution agreements.
Sedgwick also represents and counsels insurance, reinsurance and corporate clients on a wide variety of coverage and other legal matters including lawyer and other professional liability matters, bankruptcy and liquidation proceedings, bankruptcy preference actions and adversary proceedings, transportation, technology, general contracts, workout related matters and securities litigation. Sedgwick also has experience in construction litigation, including representing clients in connection with disputes between contractors and subcontractors and resolving issues involving mechanic’s liens.
Prior to joining White and Williams, Sedgwick worked as an Associate at Koerner Silberberg and as a legal assistant at Fried Frank Harris Shriver & Jacobson.
- Representation of a full-service sports marketing and promotions company in connection with the successful sale of all of its assets to a private equity company for $8 million
- Representation of a multi-million dollar company engaged in the business of developing, designing and manufacturing buttons in connection with the successful sale of all of its domestic and foreign operations
- Representation of a landlord in the Chapter 11 bankruptcy case of The Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Company, Inc
- Representation of a creditor in a preference action in the Chapter 11 bankruptcy case of Lyondell Chemical Company, Inc
- Representation of a major client in connection with the initiation of a $63 million mortgage loan for a shopping center facility
- Representation of a major client in connection with a $35 million First Mortgage Loan Modification transaction
- Representation of a publicly traded company in the defense and settlement of several mechanic’s liens filed against a $6 million construction project
- Counsel to holders of mezzanine loans in connection with the sale of $300 million of Senior Mezzanine position in the Peter Cooper Village/Stuyvesant Town Apartment complex
Cases & Deals
Bar and Court Admissions
U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
New York Law School, JD, 2000
State University of New York at Stony Brook, BS, 1993
New York State Bar Association