Ron L. Pingitore Partner
vCardPrint to PDF
Ron Pingitore is a partner in the Subrogation Department. He practices exclusively in the field of insurance subrogation throughout the United States utilizing the services of local counsel under a special program of the Subrogation Department.
Ron litigates subrogation claims in state and federal courts involving a multitude of property damage losses. Ron regularly represents clients in matters that include construction defects, product defects, fire and fire spread losses, as well as professional design deficiencies such as structural collapse, geotechnical, roofing and building envelope failures. Ron has also successfully handled more specialized matters such as food recalls, maritime casualties, and pesticide losses. Ron provides guidance and training to clients on the complete handling of subrogation matters, including industry updates, and best practices to maximize recovery results. Recent training has focused on identifying spread theories, expert selection, and scene preservation.
Presently, Ron is pursuing claims involving natural gas explosions, fireplace installations, maritime casualties, sprinkler system deficiencies and mechanically stabilized earth retaining wall failures.
Ron is a member of the National Association of Subrogation Professionals (NASP). Ron’s legal career has focused on subrogation and every loss receives the benefit of his training, education and experience.
Before entering private practice, Ron worked in real estate development and property management industry. Ron was involved with all phases of construction and management of income producing properties. That experience and industry knowledge provided an ideal backdrop for investigating, evaluating and pursuing subrogation opportunities.
Ron and his wife are the proud parents of teenage boys and are active members of their local community. Ron earned his law degree from Temple University where he was a member of the Political and Civil Rights Law Review. He earned his bachelor degree from Pennsylvania State University and continues to actively support the basketball program as an ambassador member of the Penn State Hoops Club.
- Litigating a multi-million dollar fire spread case involving the failure of a fire detection and sprinkler system
- Litigating a structural collapse case involving the improper placement of solar panels on an existing structure
- Litigated and resolved an explosion loss involving bottled gas
- Litigating a fire loss valued at over $ 1 million involving the improper installation of electrical equipment and improper grounding
- Litigated and resolved a multi-million dollar natural gas explosion case involving the improper placement and protection of a gas meter
- Litigated and resolved a multi-million dollar maritime claim involving a vessel collision
- Litigated and resolved multi-million dollar structural failure case involving the deficient design of a pre-engineered steel building
- Investigated and resolved a food recall case involving the improper processing of vegetables during the farming process
- Litigated and resolved a freeze loss involving the improper winterization of HVAC equipment
- Litigated and resolved a solar panel structure collapse case involving deficient design
- Litigated and resolved a case involving a rubber roof detachment failure caused by improper installation
- Litigated and resolved a dehumidifier failure loss attributed to deficient design
- Litigated and resolved a construction defect fire case caused by the improper installation of a manufactured fireplace
- Litigated and resolved a multi-million fire and explosion loss involving a wood dust processing and storage
Bar and Court Admissions
Temple University Beasley School of Law, JD, 1999
Pennsylvania State University, 1991